Monday, January 16, 2012

Intro: Breaking up with Ben and Jerry


 I was that sad cliche tragic story of the middle school girl, pushed down stairs because of her appearance. Since the start of puberty, I have been, as I call, “a Chunky Monkey.” Don’t get me wrong, Chunky Monkey is a delicious Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, but it is not a characteristic a growing girl wants to possess.  I had horrible eating habits growing up. It elevated to the extent that I lovingly referred to Ben and Jerry as my devoted boyfriends who always knew how to cheer me up. In the third grade, during our school’s fun filled annual height and weight day, I step on the scale, only to have my mom’s best friend record the number that popped up. I was 8 years old and 95lbs. This friend went straight to my mom and told her my weight. After comparing with the other girls in my class- the foundation of my food addiction and terrible body imagine began. Even the sweet little old neighbor lady decided around the same time that I was, ”far too fat to have a piece of candy”. This was decided after my beautiful older, slender sister, Anna, got her choice of candy from the jar. Even my sister thought it was humorous to poke my stomach and say, “whoo, whoo!” Like I was the walking, breathing Pillsbury Dough Boy. She now knows if she were to pulls that crap today, I would break her finger clean off.
Working at Disney- 2008, 253lbs

In 2008, I weighed 253lbs (see above picture). When a dear friend of mine almost died in  2009, I realized I was need of a change. I knew if I were in his shoes, I would not have survived his illness due to my obesity. In two years, (by 2011) I lost 97lbs (see below picture). However, due to life changes, moving states, traveling, stress, my undying love of food, and recently loosing my job, I have gained 27 lbs back this year.  It breaks my heart I was so close to my goal of weighing 135lb and lost focus. 
Living is Paris- 2011, 156lbs

This blog is going to be my outlet to get back to those goals. While refocusing and working hard on my life changes a year ago, I had many people write to me saying I was an inspiration and wanted my tips of the trade. This will be just that. Every Monday, I will give insight into my fitness journey and lifestyle change.
 Every 3rd Monday of the Month, I will give my Junk-n-da-Trunk statistics about weight and inches lost. THIS IS A BIG DEAL FOR ME. After my weight being circulated around the school in 3rd grade, it took me 12 YEARS to even step on the scale again. I am now going to be announcing my weight to the world. I want to help others by helping myself. Please ask any questions or give any suggestions as far as what you would like me to talk about. For this to be honest and true to the cause, it is necessary. I am an all or nothing girl. I am not capable of doing anything half-assed. My version of therapy is writing. I hope I can kill a few birds with one stone through my little piece of the Internet. So begins the Healthy-Skinny-Me Chronicles.
I am going to forget where I got down (156lbs...again see above picture) to and start where I am now (I at least spared you from a true 'before' picture in a swimming suit. see below picture. It is also the reason my face is cut off. It was one of those no make up days). I have plenty of original vocab to describe the “problem areas” around my body. I will try to explain as I go...
The here and now: 1/16/2012

Current Junk-n-da-Trunk Stats (weight and body inch measurements):
The Situation (Weight): 184 lbs
Height: 5'4"
BMI: 32.6
Wiggle Jiggle Left (Upper Arms): 14"
Wiggle Jiggle Right: 14"
Boobs: 40"
Under Boobs (chest): 37"
Waist: 40.5"
Chub-a-Muffin (the tire/doughnut/hips): 45"
Squishy-Tushy (butt): 44"
Thunder Thigh Left: 25"
Thunder Thigh Right: 25.5"
Calf Left: 16"
Calf Right: 15.5"

Week Goal:
STICK WITH IT!
1 hour of cardio each day (Zumba for sure!)
Officially break up with Ben and Jerry
Start weight training
Buy a new lampshade
Eat healthy and balanced
Apply for jobs/Stalk Disney Cruise Line
No snacking

No comments:

Post a Comment