Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 12: Stressed is DESSERTS spelled backwards

Week 12: 0 pounds weight loss (20 pounds total)
This is a dress I had planned to wear for my last day of work in California. Only problem is that is was not close to fitting.
Current Situation: 164
I have never been so "ok" with not loosing any weight. I am adding muscle and celebrating Easter with my sister's baked goods (see below in Chubby Cuisine Challenge). I am just overjoyed I did not gain weight this week! I feel good. I had a ego boost today at the gym. I was doing a quick warm up before going into body pump. I was stopped by a small swarm of women who surrounded me. They were giggly, chatty, and joked about their bodies, "jiggling and wiggling". They told me that they have been watching me in the gym the last few weeks and got their inspiration for both workout style and body from me. I stood there speechless. To be honest, sometimes when I look in the mirror, I still see me as 250lbs. It is not fun and is very discouraging. But to hear these women point out different parts of MY BODY that they would "kill for"- touched me to my core. The only words I could muster without crying or laughing myself into insanity was, "No one has ever said that to me. You ladies just made my day."


I wanted to thank you all for reading this. YOU have kept me going these three months and I could not do without you. Thank you for your emails and encouraging support. Again, if you have any questions or comments, I will answer them as honestly and quickly as possible. 


HAPPY TITANIC WEEK!
This week is the 100th anniversary of Titanic. How did I stop to remember the event? By  going to Titanic 3-D, TWICE, this week. Duh! What else would have done? I no longer dread the snack bar either! The movie theater even has some healthy options now! I get a vegetable "Detox"  juiced smoothie every time I go. It makes me excited to go to the movies again... instead of dread the smell of everything butter and sugar coated! Also, don't miss the corny infomercials with titanic jewelry. They are hilarious. 


Love these books, the movie, and the soundtrack! Pretty sure I could kick some booty in the arena! haha I also have seen this delightful film twice. I think it is time to branch out and watch different movies!!!
Workout Routine Queen 
I am being a good girl and doing as my Physical Therapist advised: back brace when running. It sucks, but I have noticed a huge difference in my legs! Much less tingling and numbness. He called the brace, "instant abs" so it helps compress everything. I have been working hard at strengthening my abs and gluts so that I will not have to wear this long. My trainer has focused many of my exercises to revolve around their strength as well. 


Syrina (my trainer at Gold's Gym) is amazing and a ball of energy. She has me doing simple activities that have me really feeling it the next day. I have been doing a lot more resistance and weight training as well. I am getting a different attitude towards it, which really only had up to go from where I started. It was my focus of loathing at the gym. I discovered why- my legs are the only thing that are strong on my body. Everything isn't getting worked when I do cardio. It is hard. It is like starting over! I enjoy the challenge however, because I am seeing the results I want. Next week I will get into talking about my weight lifting routine. I am excited to share it!


My Body Hates Me: Black Henna Edition
Henna is all natural and all safe. However, when in a foreign country regulations on such natural byproducts do not have to codes....BE CAREFUL I discovered this from my dolphin henna I got in Mexico (see below).
However, it infected and caused a major damper on my week. I will save you all the nauseating information about what it could have been actually made out of and what some reactions can do to you. Google "Black Henna" if you are interested! I will summarize and say, it is bad and it can scar you for life- or worse. 


I didn't even get a picture of it at its worse! It was blistered and VERY swollen and red. It felt like it was on fire- much more painful than a black widow bite I had a few years ago. I am happy to say it is fading away and not painful or itchy anymore. WORD FROM THE WISE: BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU GET HENNA, WHO DOES IT, AND WHAT THEY USE!!! If bad enough, it can result in death. 


HAPPY EASTER
On a lighter note, yesterday was Easter, so this is really the only time in my blog I can justify having pictures of cute bunnies for no reason. Enjoy.


My "Bob Barker Moment"
They do exist!!!

The Kitchen Counter: 
EASTER DINNER Edition

My sister is a wonderful cook. She TRIED to make things as healthy as possible, without compromising on the yumminess that Easter Dinner should be. I appreciated her efforts! It was delicious! We had Lamb, homemade gnocchi from sweet potatoes, "drunken" salad, and my version of Deviled Eggs (see below!).

These are Deviled Eggs...who have repented for being unhealthy. haha It is just spicy hummus with a little Cheyenne Pepper. It is super good! A great snack too! 


Chubby Cuisine Challenge: 
Anna's Tart Edition
According to my sister, she "hates" baking. However, the devilish dessert she created makes me doubt her hatred. That, or she has a gift that she refuses to use. It was a chocolate/lavender/clouds of heaven/butter... tart- made from scratch. 


I forgot to get a picture before people started eating it. You get the idea. It was bomb dot com. I am proud to say I only had a little sliver. 

You all have a great week! Get out there and get active while we have sunshine! AGAIN! Please email me with any questions or comments! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment